Tuesday, March 6, 2007

How to do it?.......I'll show you how to walk the dog..


Ever have times when you tell yourself you are going to try to sqeeze in yet another "healthy habit" and so you set about mentally preparing yourself for it.
Example, you wake up at 5:00 a.m. and just for that moment you say to yourself.....hey, i'm alive.....why don't I get up and walk the dog. Then immediately alarms begin to ring in your brain and its like a switchboard of excuses lights up.....and you moan and roll over and say.....maybe tomorrow would be a better time. The switchboard goes dead and your internal receptionist jots down yet another message from an unanswered call for change........well, yesterday morning about 10:00 a.m, while I was deep in my "mental office" wondering why my productivity was down, feeling trapped in the same old s___t just different day....the same said receptionist stormed in my office and proceeded to dump a whole trash can loaded with these calls in my lap......said she's had it with my not complying with company policy and told me to get myself another thought cause she was on to me..........so, today when the alarm went off.......after a stiffled moan.......I stumbled around the bedroom, circled the kitchen twice and peeked out the den door and there sat my dog grinning from ear to ear.....now, how she does that with out caffeine is really something.....but at 5:23 she and I were heading down the driveway and she made the executive decision to go left, which was fine with me. By the time we got to the end of the street, my receptionist called to say....."See I told you it wasn't all that bad, all you had to do was get going." She was right, once again and agreed to take her job back if she was given a raise, a bonus and a weeks vacation in the mountains.
So what does this have to do with you?.......maybe nothing.....maybe everything.....you decide and if there is a call that you have put off answering because you've been busy with the
same ole tired excuses..........give a listen to Aerosmith singing their version of a Rufus Thomas classic...........might be just the thing to get you "walking your own dog."