Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Summer Time and the living is easy.......


Now if I could just have the dog singing Janis' Joplin's version of "Summertime"
perhaps he is like me and satisfied to hum a few bars and fake it.......


anyways this layed back ol' dog get me in the mood for a little R&R......T-minus 4 days and counting and then my pilgrimage to Roan Mountain begins.......with a stop off for 2 days in Gatlinburg on Ski Mountain to stay at the new crib of my bro-in-law.....then back on the road and next stop.....Roan Mountain and my home for the next 8 days......my husband and I have talked for years about moving to eastern Tennessee and finding us a little place in some sleepy valley that time has forgotten........now don't go gettin all "deliverance" on me.......no dueling banjos please.....but I can't promise anyone they won't have to get ear plugs for my dulcimer playing, which i have promised myself will occupy my retirement time.....along with long hikes, writing screen plays, cranking out a story or novel based on all the characters in my family history, and practicing some of the "foxfire"ways that have intrigued me from my "hippee" days......well, i'll be heading up that way for good in a couple of years........besides if we decide its just not for us in the long run......we can always come back.........but I have a feeling it will be more like we are finally going home..........until tomorrow.........jinks.