Thursday, February 22, 2007

2 weeks and that's all I need... well maybe.


The poster says it all ........and well maybe too much......iggy Kirk Douglas (i'd put my cigarette out in the crater on his chin) and Edward G. would have to get a black eye......"It would be the
end of Rico" and never cared one way ot the other for Cyd Charisse.......but the title strikes me
as something I could get into......
Think about it , what could I do in two weeks
in another town.....of course I'd have to have another name.......and another set of rules to
play by.........maybe unlimited cash.......and no conscience.......and look great in anything I wore.
make all these minor adjustments.......and hey its just like in the movies.........which brings me to another subject........being in the movies.......now I've only starred in one......you can catch it on
You Tube........uh, key in Floor Monkeys, its the one by Del Curlin, "Whatever Happened To Floor Monkeys, The Movie". I play Sweet Sally Jenkins.......(see I do sorta look like I'm headed for yesterdays caricature).......it was fun and I can't help but wonder how i'd have done with a
script.......which makes me think........how would we all act if we were actually given a script in our
real lives........Script Boy: Hey, lady.......Here's your script......break a leg!
Jinks: Hey Script Boy..........bite me!!!!!!
Wouldn't that be wild.......you wake up every day and FedEx.....no UPS.....yeah, Kevin from UPS
you know the young, attractive, black guy who always is so hyper and friendly......(oh to be young and gifted and black ).......well, anyways he delivers your script every morning.....every thing you do that day is already there for you.......no dress rehearsals......you just go for it......say your
a brain surgeon one day.....next day your a college student from europe........then your a bag lady .......you get told what to say and who to say it to.......only you give it life and character......
You decide if your character is believeable or not.....and you go for it.........well the thought
intrigues me if no one else.......and at the end of your life......you get invited to the Academy Awards......you walk the red carpet.........you get to view scenes......hopefully your greatest achievements and they hand out awards.........then you spend eternity "honing your craft"........
speaking of which, I am currently trying to do........in my spare time, I script write with a good friend, Ed, who if you viewed Floor Monkeys, plays the southern speaking financier. We are
currently working on a Noir piece involving a cop and his old flame, who he has to turn in for murder.........so i'll pass that one on to you if Del likes our handy work..........
excuse me..........brb............well, my script for the day has arrived.........thanks Kevin.......and say
Kevin......if they ever have me playing a sexy, beautiful, black woman.....well, its "bootie call".
gotta look over my lines everyone............and just remember no matter what part you are playing in life.........give it your best.........you never know who's watching.....
till we meet on the big screen........"hey it could happen"...........jinks.